Think of a backlink as a vote for your website. The more backlinks you have, the more credible your website is in Google’s eyes, thus the higher it will rank in search results. These links are important in determining the popularity of your website/blog.
Search Engines such as Google consider the number of quality backlinks the site has, when calculating the relevance of a website to a keyword.
However, building backlinks takes time. But we have some free directories that you can submit your website to, and they are as follows:
1. Dmoz – dmoz.org
2. Scrub the Web – scrubtheweb.com
3. R Directory – rdirectory.net
4. Dmoz.in.net – dmoz.in.net
5. T Section – tsection.com
6. Directory World – directoryworld.net
7. So Much – somuch.com
8. Jayde – jayde.com
9. Wwwi – wwwi.co.uk
10. Vie Search – viesearch.com
11. Free Website Directory – freewebsitedirectory.com