(You can read an updated version of this article: The long term effects of living in a technological world)
If you compare the lifestyle of people in today’s time, you will see that it is more advanced and high tech compared to previous years. People owe this to bright minds of those who keep on developing numerous advanced equipments. Technology provides great changes to one’s life, making things more accessible and easier to handle. It is really great to manage things with just one click of a finger, giving you a lot comfort and positive results as well.
Long Term Advantage Effects:
– Living in technological worlds allows people to achieve great things in just a short period of time. Due to advance technology, communication was made easier. They are able to establish units which allow people to talk and see people living across the boundaries. Keeping in touch with the one you love is very easy. This had given great opportunity not just to families and friends but also for businessman as well. Because of easier access to people from different countries, this had open greater opportunity on their business. A wide range of people can now access and see products and services even if it’s thousand miles away from their location.
– For people with disabilities, technology had given them the chance to access things easily. They do not need to manually get things done, since with just a few clicks in the remote; they could easily get what they want. Technology provided and established equipments that will make the life of old people or with disability a lot easier.
– For medical related advances, conducting and undergoing medical checkups is very advance. You will no longer need to wait for a longer period of time for the result. Due to technology, people now are able to monitor their health without the need of going to their health care provider. They develop things that will aid for easier illness identification and treatment.
Long Term Disadvantage Effects:
– Due to the wrong use of advance technology, people are able to develop social isolation. This is being characterized by lack of communication or contact to people in a normal daily living like social activities, friends and workplace. They are able to isolate themselves by means of spending greater time listening to iPods, spending time in front of the computer and usage of mobile devices. According to research, people that suffer from social isolation are identified to live a shorter life.
– Since greater numbers of people are being engrosses playing video games, online chatting and a lot more. They spend lesser amount of time exercising or being socially active. They unconsciously undergo a mindlessly eating habit that causes obesity.
– Technology is the one that created the perfect formula for depression due to human’s lack of contact, inactive lifestyle and overeating.
– Poor sleeping habit is another disadvantage of technology. There are things that people are getting interested into which makes them stay up too late and wake up too early as well. Online activities make the brain uneasiness or relax. The screens ambient glow also affects melatonin release or also known as sleep chemical. It would be better to keep the stuff outside the room to acquire healthier habit.